Jamie Otremba – High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues
Jamie Otremba will delve into the most common obstetrical emergencies presenting in today’s obstetrical patients. She will provide you with a comprehensive look at pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, HELLP, the pitfalls of diagnosing and treating preterm labor, shoulder dystocia, abruption, previa, postpartum hemorrhage, placenta accreta, amniotic fluid embolism, venous thromboembolism, VBACs, and inductions.
Jamie’s extensive experiences in high risk obstetrics have provided her with keen insight into these often challenging and frightening situations. She is eager to share with you many of the effective interventions that she has acquired throughout her career!
Through enlightening case studies, persuasive evidence-based research, and an engaging presentation style, she will teach you the current trends, treatments and issues in high risk obstetrics. In this recording, you’ll learn new strategies and techniques that can immediately impact the maternal and fetal outcomes of your obstetrical patients!
- Evaluate the two-phase process that results in pre-eclampsia.
- Compare the pharmacologic management options for preterm labor.
- Determine the two most important factors in assessing risk in elective induction.
- Explain the most effective way to change medical staff practices related to high risk elective inductions.
- Interpret the possible causes of a post-partum hemorrhage and appropriate management for each.
- Discuss strategies for collaborative care with the ICU and Emergency Department.
- Explain why a d-dimer is no longer recommended as part of the evaluation for pulmonary embolism in pregnancy.
- Utilize the latest ACOG recommendations for preventing blood loss during the delivery with an accreta.
- Compare the varying degrees of abnormal placental implantation and how management might differ for each.
- Analyze why neurological outcomes with amniotic fluid embolism are so poor and the rapid interventions that could make a difference.
Pre-eclampsia, Eclampsia and HELLP
- Tips for timely intervention: Know when you MUST intervene
- Maximize maternal and fetal outcomes: Latest available medical treatments & interventions
- Morbidity and mortality associated with diagnosis
- Case Studies
Preterm Labor: Rapid Diagnosis And Intervention Can Make all the Difference
- Who is at the highest risk – and what you can do to lower it
- Preterm labor or just contractions?
- Beta-mimetics, Mag, Calcium channel blockers, NSAIDS, antibiotics: Who gets what?
The Perils of Shoulder Dystocia
- Can we predict shoulder dystocia?
- When a shoulder dystocia occurs: The essentials of management
- Best first line maneuvers
- Risk management considerations
- Patients at risk for postpartum hemorrhage
- New tips for assessing blood loss accurately
- New medications/Old meds with new protocols
- Interventions for rapid response
- Algorithms for treatment
- When to call the OR
High Risk Induction
- Which patients are too “high risk” for induction?
- Alternatives to pitocin
- The newest options for inductions
- Risks and benefits for induction patients
- How to change your hospital policies
- Examples of informed consent
Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy and Postpartum
- #1 cause of maternal death in the US
- Work up and evaluation
- Treatment in pregnancy
- Timing delivery
- Why is this condition on the rise?
- How to identify accreta prenatally
- Newest aggressive therapies to save lives
Jamie Otremba – High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Download, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Download, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Groupbuy, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Free, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Torrent, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Course Download, Jamie Otremba – High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Review, High Risk Obstetrics: Current Trends & Treatments & Issues Review